Want a refreshing dinner that is quick and easy to prepare? Well, you’ve just found it. You can whip this sucker up and make a salad in 10 – 15 minutes flat. It’s one of my favorite Wednesday or Thursday night recipes, and not just because my preschoolers love it. Enjoy!
- A Zester/Grater
- 1 small-medium lemon
- 5-6 handfuls of spinach, arugula, or baby kale
- 1 container of creme fraiche (7.5 oz)
- Salt (1/2 tsp – adjust to taste)
- 2 handfuls of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 box/bag of fresh or dried pasta
- Bring water to a boil and add in pasta.
- While water is heating and/or pasta is cooking, make the sauce:
- Zest the lemon over a bowl.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice of one half of the lemon into the bowl. Reserve the other lemon half.
- Add all the creme fraiche, two handfuls of parmesan, and salt to the bowl. Stir to combine.
- On a cutting board or plate, roughly chop or tear the greens (spinach, arugula, or baby kale) into large pieces.
- Once the pasta is done, drain it and put the pasta back into the cooking pot. Add the pasta sauce and the greens. Stir to combine.
- Taste the final result and adjust seasoning by adding more lemon juice, salt, or parmesan as needed until the dish is to your liking.